Find out what’s happening around town here!
Remember, to avoid disappointment, be sure to confirm all events with the event host and be aware of the possibility of weather-related cancellations. Any last minute cancellations of which we are made aware will be posted to social media as quickly as possible.
- This event has passed.
109th Annual Perkasie Tree Lighting
December 1, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Bring the family to enjoy a traditional Holiday evening out when Santa Claus arrives to light the Perkasie Borough town center Christmas tree. The 2018 Tree Lighting Ceremony is from 5pm-8pm on Saturday, December 1.
Now in its 109th year, the traditional ceremony began in 1909 and is officially the oldest community tree lighting ceremony in the United States.
5:00pm: Event attractions open. Horse & Carriage Rides begin; Food Vendors open
5:15pm: Mayor Hollenbach recites “T’was the Night Before Christmas”.
5:30pm: Central Middle School A Capella group
5:45pm: South Middle School Choir
6:15pm: Mike Greer & Co
7:00pm: SANTA ARRIVES!
7:20pm: Mike Greer & Co
7:30pm: Photos with Santa
8:00pm: Event closes
One lucky child will climb the stage and flip the switch to light the tree: every child who brings a non-perishable food item for Pennridge FISH is entered into a drawing to win the honor.
This years exciting special attractions include:
- a heated entertainment tent with carols and rocking Holiday music;
- free horse and carriage rides
- an enormous inflatable snow globe for family photos
- a visit from Cinderella, resplendent in her Holiday gown
- a strolling 10′ elf on stilts!
- Raise the Rafters roaming Barbershop Quartet
- food trucks and stalls and town center restaurant specials
- live store window displays and all day shopping specials in town
The annual tree ornament, organized by the Perkasie Towne Improvement Association will be on sale this evening
Be sure to visit the Perkasie Electric Department at 120 N. 7th St to see Doug Kramer’s Nostalgic Holiday Train Display from 12pm -8pm on November 30th & December 1st , and remember that local churches open with seasonal displays and events, hot cocoa, cookies and more.
The Perkasie Historical Society is open on W. Walnut St.
Everyone rides FREE at the Perkasie Carousel at Menlo Park from noon – 5pm on Dec 2. Santa and Mrs Claus will be there.
PARKING RESTRICTIONS AND ROAD CLOSURES: Parking restrictions begin at 2:00pm and road closures are in effect from 4:00pm until 8:30pm. The following roads will be closed to traffic and must be cleared of all vehicles:
- 7th St. from Chestnut St. to Arch St.
- 6th St. from Chestnut St. to market St.
- Market St. from 8th St. to 6th St.
- Chestnut St. from 7th St. to 6th St.
- Market Alley is closed at 7th St.
ADA Parking for this event is in the Borough Hall parking lot at 7th & Chestnut. Please access from 7th St.
Want to see your event listed here? Use the Calendar Submission Form! For any questions or more information, contact us to learn more.