Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase products from these links, NPUT may receive a small commission at no cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
The Fourth of July is a hallmark of summer family fun. There’s all sorts of parades, parties, and naturally….fireworks! But if you want to do something extra? Should you make some fun, cheap crafts with the kids? Make some delicious snacks for that party you’re hosting? Dress up in a super patriotic way to walk down to the parade? Or just play some fun games at home – just because? No matter what your plan is, let this list help guide you to fun activities and treats this 4th of July!
1. Make Firework Salt Paintings – from Busy Mommy Media
Learn how to do it here: https://busymommymedia.com/firework-salt-painting/
3. Play American Cannons with Dollar Store Items – from Four Hats and Frugal
Learn how to do it here: https://4hatsandfrugal.com/2015/06/american-cannons-4th-of-july-outdoor-game-caprisuncrew.html
4. DIY Some Patriotic Paper Lanterns – from Amazon
5. Enjoy some Patriotic Punch – from Wunder Mom
Learn how to do it here: https://wunder-mom.com/patriotic-punch/
6. Stay Cool with Stars and Stripes Accordion Paper Fans – from Amazon
7. Make Patriotic Party Slime – from The Farm Girl Gabs
Learn how to do it here: https://thefarmgirlgabs.com/patriotic-party-slime/#_a5y_p=6544344
8. Play a Stars & Striped Themed Round of Bingo – from Amazon
9. Wave around some Easy Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Ribbon Wands – from Mama in the Now
Learn how to do it here: https://mamainthenow.com/patriotic-ribbon-wand/
10. Have a Patriotic Potato Sack Race – from Amazon
11. Make the “Easiest 4th of July Dessert Ever” – from A Step in the Journey
Learn how to do it here: http://astepinthejourney.com/2014/06/easiest-4th-of-july-dessert-ever.html
12. Create Your Own Patriotic Necklaces – from Amazon
13. A Nighttime Must: Wear Your Glowsticks – from Amazon
14. Use Those Glowsticks to Play Glow-in-the-Dark Ring Toss – from The Spruce
Learn how to do it here: https://www.thespruce.com/glow-stick-party-games-2104656.
15. Just Get Out and Enjoy a Great Local Event!
Don’t feel pressured to prepare – simple & easy is often best! Just gather your family and some generic supplies and head out to a parade, a community event, or a local fireworks show! We got you covered for the year here!